Saturday, August 9, 2008

Uncle Kelly

I am an uncle! Catherine Marie Davis was born on Tuesday Night around 9:15 PM. She has been on full support since then. If you need to be caught up, she has a hole in her diaphram, many of the organs that should be below it are above, which caused pressure to the lungs, not allowing them to grow. Her small lungs are causing many complex issues between them and the heart.

4:00 PM on Thursday, she has now been fighting for 40+ hours. We keep praying earnestly. Misty said she just keeps thinking how awesome it will be if we are buying little baby gifts for Christmas. I have been reading some cool verses:

Lam. 3:22 - 23
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness. "The lord is my portion" says my soul. "Therefore i will put my hope in Him".

Ps. 73: 25-26
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is nothing on Earth I desire besides You.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the strength of my Heart
And my portion forever.

The theme of these two verses is the goodness of God, us relying desperately on him, and us choosing that our "portion" in this life is HIM, and not anything he would do for us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're joining y'all in prayer. Hugs and love for that precious baby.

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

Hi Kelly and Misty, I am glad that I have found your blog again. You were lost to me for a time. Prayers for Catherine and K&D are ascending from the desert. I'm so glad that you are all together. I love y'all and miss you something fierce! Mama Debbie

carolineb said...

We are praying.

Mrs. Gaskill Rascal said...

Sad we missed you guys.....please let your family know we are here if they need anything. ps. we noticed Catherine is spelled wrong on your post and Scott said I should tell you!