Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What have you been up to?

People ask me these days..."What have you been up to?" I walk through life so focused on myself and the events of my life. I don't really believe that everyone is in the same phase of life as me, that everyone has 44 days until they have a baby girl...but i am shocked when people ask me what i'm up to. Is it not obvious? I am painting baby rooms, trying to decide on a feeding philosophy (up until 3 weeks ago i didn't know there were "feeding philosophies"), preparing myself for birth (who am i kidding?). It is hard not to be in the same place as some of my friends. In college, you did not have these things that put you in different universes. I am trying to encourage all my friends to hurry up and conceive...even my single friends.

I joke about not being ready, and being nervous about caring for Hazel, but i have never been more excited about anything in my life; and i have a deep comfort that God is going to give me grace when i need it, and all other things i need to care for her.

Besides that, me and Misty have been going to a new Church called Vintage 242. We really like it, and feel that God is planting us in a community. It is smaller, like 40 or 50 folks, which feels half like church and half like a family group i used to go too when i was a kid...i like that.

Here is a picture of me and my Pregnant wife...

From Hazel Marie

8 comments:

A Southern Wedding Belle said...

I love the picture of you three. You will be wonderful parents. God will give you grace in abundance for your new roles as Mom and Dad. And He is blessing "Muddy Jr." with the sweetest and dearest parents in the world. I hope that I didn't confuse the "feeding philosophies" issue for you. Love you all - Mama Debbie

carolineb said...

Y'all are so dang cute. God must really love baby Hazel to give her to you.

Bekah said...

Its going to be awesome!!!

katie davis said...

just make sure you sing "lip gloss" to her at least once a day and you're basically set.

steve and randel hambrick said...

LOVE love love that pic of you both!! definitely needs to be framed in little hazel's room :)

p.s. so glad yall are part of v242!!

Suzie Blue said...

I loved reading your latest post...I do wonder what you've been up to! You're a wonderful man Kelly and God WILL give YOU everything you need to be a good father...I just know it! He's already given you Misty and Hazel! What else could you ask for? :o) I just love you three to pieces! I can't wait to meet her! Janice

Mrs. Gaskill Rascal said...

We would love to see you when we are in Atl in a few weeks(week of Memorial Day) Let us know when you have free time! The Gaskills

matt a said...

Why would you wish such a thing upon me (paragraph one, last sentence)?

Weirdo.

And I hit a goose in the head, so I don't really care what you say.