Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quirks

I have been tagged to share 6 quirks of mine by Debbie Sutton...I have been thinking for days, and only have three that i am willing to share now, but hopefully, as i start writing, i can think of some other good ones.

1. I lose stuff...Not in the normal, forget your keys every once in a while kinda way. I have probably had 7 phones in the last 2 years, because i misplace it in the rain (it started shorting, and it repeatedly called my dad for a whole Sunday...i thought someone stole it, and was messing with me; i was like "I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!").

2. I leave doors open. I lived with my 2nd Cousin, David Hall, for about 5 months. He said that he would come in his kitchen, and could tell exactly what i had done that morning by the doors i left open...apparently it is a very annoying habit.

3. I do not like corn. I don't know anyone off hand that hates it the way i do. I try to like it...i give it a chance, but creamed corn and corn on the cobb are a drag to eat.

4. When i chew gum, i do so in hideous excess. I have a minimum of 5 pieces (if it is the 30 cent stick genre - so basically the whole pack) and 3 pieces for the ballpark double-bouble. Apparently that also is annoying, especially when you start a good wad right before you go to bed, and put it on the night stand to chew in the morning. I had to quite that after i got married.

5. Lately, i have enjoyed traffic. It worries me; I guess it might have something to do with the down-time i get when driving. I like to decompress and think about the day. I have become more introverted in my old age...time i spend by myself is more important to me than it used to be...I am exaggerating, I don't enjoy it, it just doesn't make me feel like driving into a telephone pole at 60 mph like it used too! I especially like to drive by myself at night.

6. If i am in a social situation where i feel slightly uncomfortable, i start yawning. I'm not tired, it is just something that happens.

There it is...acceptably weird, and not too disturbing i hope. Alot of the folks i follow in the blog world have already been tagged; I am going to name some folks, and if you have been tagged already, please disregard:

Keith Davis - (i think i have read something along these lines for Elaine lately, but if she is down for it too, i would love it!)

Donnie D. - Perhaps you could do so in a way that would advertise for the Office Supplies blog!

Misty Davis
Katie and Tom Freeburg
Sean Kirkland

If you have done this in the past, don't worry about it...

3 comments:

Those Funny Suttons said...

Kelly - I'm with Misty on the door thing. And Caroline is here with me - she's with you on the gum thing. Personally, I think that you are practically perfect in every way! And Caroline thinks you're pretty great too! But TMJ is real and can be brought on by too big a wad.........of gum.(Caroline said that)

Anonymous said...

I miss y'all and your quirky selves!!!

steve and randel hambrick said...

you and steve are THE SAME with number one. everytime he leaves the house he comes back with half his stuff....
i'm gonna have to keep an eye on yall when you are together :)