Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 3 - Midnight Case of the Blues

My heart is heavy tonight for several things. I don't have a tough life, but it does not matter how good you have it; life comes with pain, and at any given time it touches you, or someone to whom you are close. Several people are on my heart; and i don't mention them because i don't want to be sharing info that is not to be posted on the internet. There are times i cannot help but ask why things have to be so damn painful; why things are so broken.

I was thinking about this question the other day. When we get to the end of our lives, and we look back on all we discovered and experienced about this life, what would the one most meaningful truth about life be. The thing that if we had missed out on it, we would have missed everyhing. I know the answer would have to do with God's love for us; but it is the biggest cliche in the bible belt, and sometimes it is so hard to know how to accept it more, to believe it more.

I need to start blogging earlier, becuase the late night blogs go no where...My favorite song of all times is "Midnight case of the blues" by Roger Creager. The lyrics aren't really that good (it's country, give me a break), but it reminds me of many nights i have fought doubt, and found something real in being honest about my confusion to God...and finding him in that. This verse has been my bread and butter in knowing that there is no hard question that can trump God's love for me.

http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Romans+8%3A31-39

No comments: