Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blogathon - 30 days strong

Me and Matt A were talking about Annie Downs, and how she posts a blog every day...and who is to keep me from doing this? I can do anything i put my mind too, right? Heck ya! I have been told my blogs are deep...perhaps too deep, so i am going to stay a little closer to the surface; keep my feet on the ground if you will.

I went to youth camp 2008. It was a great experience. My cabin was the 8th grade guys, and they were cool. God allowed me to be used in some cool ways. I realized that the main thing God needs from me has nothing to do with knowledge or relational skills; but simply the willingness to obey. I kept reading this (http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/search/?q=Ephesians+3%3A14-19) verse , that talks about being rooted and grounded in love, having the strength to comprehend Christ's Love. It is very true that you must be rooted, and must have strength to understand Christ's Love. In this world, it is so easy to lose site of his love for us, and his purpose for our lives. I continue to pray the same prayer Paul praid for the Ephesians for the 8th Grade guys.

On arriving back to the real world, i came down with about the worst cold i have had in years. I am not a super evangelical guy who sees God or Satan in everything, but i do see that it would be easy to get my mind off of the things God had spoken to me...I was so excited for several things God spoke to me about; and after "surviving" the last 3 days at work...I can hardly remember the passion I had for them.

Misty just read what i wrote, and called me a "Debbie-Downer - Bwa, Bwa, Bwaaaa...". So on a lighter note. I spent the weekend with some of my best friends in Destin. It was such a cool time, because i realized how crazy awesome my friends are. I believe friendships are the most valuable things we can gain out of this crazy life...I love you guys.

Check some pictures out...

1 comment:

carolineb said...

Your blog IS flipp'n sweet. I feel like I'm seeing you for the first time. And I really really love you and think you are an amazing person. And I want us to be friends.